Web analytics plugins or tools play a crucial role in determining the success and growth of a website. They are used to collect and deliver data about your website visitors and their behavior so that you can improve and optimize your site’s performance and conversion rates. Most website owners make use of analytics plugins to understand what exactly their audience expects, what type of content they like and what needs to be improved about their WordPress website to engage more visitors.
With the use of web analytics, you can track where your site traffic is coming from, what sorts of content, blog posts and pages attract your audience, what day of the week gets maximum traffic, and which keywords visitors are using to access your page. Analyzing your website is a great way to learn more about your website traffic that in turn you can convert into sales leads and generate revenue to monetize your website. With this blog post, we want to share some of the most popular analytics plugins that can increase both – traffic and productivity of your WordPress website:
- Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
- AFS Analytics
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- Google Analytics WD
- Simple Feed Stats
- WP Power Stats
- WP Statistics
- Finteza Analytics
Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
Google Analytics by MonsterInsights is undoubtedly the most popular plugin for WordPress that helps you track your website using advanced tracking codes. It allows you to easily integrate Google Analytics into your WordPress site. Plus, it’s a highly customizable analytics plugin that provides complete control over the tracking code such as: where it is located, how it is used and what it tracks. Here are some of the great features of this analytics plugin:
- User-friendly installation through Google Analytics API integration
- Offers universal or asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code
- Allows to track search results pages as well as 404 pages
- Several options to track outbound links and downloads
- Offers option to anonymize IP’s for stricter privacy regulations
Furthermore, the Google Analytics plugin by MonsterInsights comes in a premium/paid version that includes custom reports, robust technical support and integrated AdSense tracking that can help you give detailed information about your website’s traffic.
The AFS Analytics plugin for WordPress is a professional analytics plugin which is easy to use and which provides several advanced features you can benefit from. AFS Analytics comes with real-time analytics and reporting to see all tracked website data right away. To improve your website’s content and conversion rate, you can track your website visitor’s behavior with automated event tracking – clicks, scrolling, download, video, etc.
AFS Analytics further recovers most (99%) of the “not provided” keywords from Google, so they’ll be included and evaluated in your analytics data. This WordPress analytics plugin is not only easy to install, but also user-friendly providing an intuitive toolbar as well as all website statistics on one single dashboard. Some of the great features of the AFS Analytics plugin are:
- Recovering “not provided” keywords from Google
- Advanced AFS algorithm for real-time data
- Predictive web analytics to estimate website traffic
- Improve and optimize your website’s efficiency & profitability
- Tracking, understanding and reporting visitor’s behavior
- Receiving automatically PDF reports daily / weekly / monthly
- Optimizing your website for search engines (SEO optimization)
- Ultimate performance via latest technologies (HTML5, jQuery, AJAX)
Jetpack by WordPress.com
Jetpack by WordPress.com is one of the most powerful analytics plugins that can manage WordPress websites with ease by giving detailed information (stats) about your site’s traffic. It also provides security services, optimization for images and a lot more.
Jetpack also keeps track of detailed information including posting trends, views per country, peak visitor’s hours, clicks, references and much more. It further offers social media sharing icons, website monitoring services, mobile optimization, etc. that will help you get more traffic towards your WordPress website. Here are some features of Jetpack:
- Provides information about website visitors to help you track your traffic
- Increase your traffic with features like Related Posts, Publicize or Sharing
- Protects your website from unlimited login attempts or brute force attacks
- Tools to customize your website like Galleries, Carousels or Notifications
- Optimizes and speeds up images to enhance your website performance
Google Analytics WD
Google Analytics WD is a fully responsive and user-friendly WordPress plugin with lots of useful features to monitor your website’s analytics. You may easily authenticate your Google account and add your Google Analytics code to your website.
You can access all tracking reports directly from your WordPress dashboard, compare analytics data and reports, and view stats on visitors, demographics and much more. Google Analytics WD is an intuitive plugin which further lets you export your data as PDF and CSV file types or send your data via email to your preferred recipient. Here is an overview of all top features:
- Easy authentication & adding of tracking code
- Overview tracking reports
- Comparing of metrics
- Export and email reports
- Goals and filters management
- User-friendly and fully responsive
Simple Feed Stats
Simple Feed Stats is a great WordPress plugin that tracks and provides reports on your feeds. It offers tons of customization options that can help you customize the data according to your requirements. With the help of this analytics plugin, you can insert custom content and showcase your feed stats on your website. Simple Feed Stats offers some advanced features such as:
- Customization for your feed statistics by using CSS
- Use of dashboard widget to showcase overview of feed stats
- Tweak your feeds with graphics, text and markup as you like
- Collects statistics on a daily basis and in total for each feed
- Provides shortcodes and template tags to display feed count anywhere
WP Power Stats
WP Power Stats is a simple and lightweight WordPress plugin used to give detailed or statistical information about your site’s traffic. This will help you engage more visitors which in turn increases your overall productivity. Some top features of WP Power Stats:
- WP Power Stats offers multiple languages
- One-click install to get you started quick and easy
- Fully customizable plugin that will help you personalize your data
- Private statistics on your hosting and only available for you to access
- Keeps track of page views, referrers, type of devices, operating system, location and more
WP Statistics is another popular WordPress analytics plugin that will help you track stats for your WordPress website without depending on external or third party services. It comes with a detailed admin manual that you can access from the plugin’s dashboard. With the help of this plugin, you can track your visitors, page stats and current sessions, from all popular search engines, referrers and browsers. WP Statistics also offers lots of exciting features such as:
- Uses Maxmind GeoLite2 technology with an objective to showcase in-depth geographical data
- Supports for hashing IP addresses in the database in order to protect their privacy
- Provides shortcodes for different types of data in posts/pages and widgets
- Allows to export collected data to XML, CSV or TSV files
- Records stats on exclusions
The Finteza Analytics WordPress plugin offers you in-depth and real-time analytics making sure you have realistic and reliable information regarding your website’s traffic whenever you need them.
Detailed reports give you insight into geography, traffic sources and behavior of your website visitors. The complex analysis also allows you to link between different sources, their efficiency, conversions and much more. Bots and unwanted clicks are detected and excluded directly. In addition, you can use Finteza to set up and analyze targeted marketing campaigns.
- Real time tracking of your website audience, their geography, behavior and much more
- Traffic quality analysis to exclude low-quality, unwanted visits, and bots. Finteza tells you who visits your site, whether your traffic source is efficient and how conversion can be optimized.
- Complex analysis of incoming users and user behavior profiling. All analytical metrics are clickable, including the user agent, event, UTM tag, URL page, referral, and geographic location, so everything you see can be clicked to filter data.
- Targeted conversion funnels including efficiency and ROI analysis
- Interactive in-flight reports allowing to select separate segments in one click
Conclusion: Best Analytics Plugins for WordPress
In this article, we have covered some of the best and most popular analytics plugins which you can use for your WordPress website to track website visitor’s behaviour and collect important data to increase your website traffic on the long run. Have you ever used any of the above mentioned WordPress analytics plugins? What’s your experience? Feel free to leave a comment.